Friday, June 10, 2011

21 Days to a new you...

I recently picked up a book about about food, fitness, and faith. I have been wanting to make some changes in my life and this simple little book helped me to get started. With an upcoming wedding that I get to be a part of by being one of the Matrons of honor. I 've been wanting to get more serious about losing weight. But I could never get motivated. Today I am starting my journey, and its just that a journey, not a diet. It will be a lifestyle change for me. So why put this out to be public? I need people to help me. Simple as that! I have about forty pounds that I want to loose and I know it wont be easy. So here are some of the things I have prayed about and are committing to do...
-No seconds!
-Get up at least four or five days week and work out to my three mile walk DVD.
-Smaller portion sizes
I know it's not a lot but these three things are HUGE for me! I am so excited to get started! Today was day one for me and my work out kicked my butt!!  I don't know how else to put it. So stay tuned and let the Journey begin!


Here are a few verses from the book that really stuck out to me.
 -What every you eat or drink or whatever you do, you must do all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
-A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel.
Proverbs 1:5
-Now faith is reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
-If you do not stand firm in your faith, then you will not stand at all.
Isaiah 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment